The Nether roof (dimension)

The Nether roof (dimension)

• Discussions: 1
March 27, 2023 at 6:31 PM
Hello Staff members!
I wanted to bring up a topic that I feel has been overlooked for too long - the Nether Roof. As many of you know, the Nether is one of the most fascinating and challenging dimensions in Minecraft, but there's one area that remains frustratingly inaccessible - the Nether Roof.
For those of you who aren't aware, the Nether Roof is the very top layer of the Nether dimension, and it's currently impossible to reach without your approval. But why should you care? Well, here are a few reasons:
  • New challenges: Opening up the Nether Roof would provide a new set of challenges for Minecraft players to tackle. The unique terrain and hostile mobs of the Nether would be even more intense on the roof, and players would have to come up with new strategies and techniques to survive.
  • New building opportunities: The Nether Roof provides a massive open space that could be perfect for building large-scale projects or structures. Imagine building a castle or city on the roof, or maybe a gold farm that would be very useful for players to get golden apples or golden carrots. It would be an incredible feat of Minecraft engineering!
  • New exploration opportunities: Finally, opening up the Nether Roof would provide an entirely new area for Minecraft players to explore. With its unique terrain, hostile mobs, and exclusive resources, the roof could provide endless hours of fun and adventure for dedicated players.
Lastly, the Nether Roof provides a better method of transport, allowing players to build and explore without the constant threat of being attacked. This is particularly useful for players who want to build large-scale projects or farms in the Nether, and with that i dont see any downsides in opening up the nether roof.
Thanks for reading,
Trentalicous69 ;)
Oplegoman
Oplegoman
Co-Owner

• Discussions: 5
March 27, 2023 at 7:11 PM
Thank you for taking the time to write your suggestion, your post doesn’t specify world, so if this is for our long-term survival world, the nether roof will not be opened up as this is not how the game was meant to be played and the only way to get to the nether roof is through glitching which is against our rules.

If you are discussing for the Dimension world which is currently playing Towny Wars, at first glance it would be a no as it takes too much away from the game mode of Towny Wars, but I will expand more on the reasoning behind it;

I can understand what you would be getting at with wanting additional opportunities, but in your first point and your last, you contradict yourself claiming it would be very hostile, then a safe haven for players. It would be the latter as mobs don’t spawn on the bedrock, it would trivialise the nether, when it should be a challenge with mobs bothering you often if you have not correctly protected yourself.

For building aspect you raise we want to promote people building in the main dimension world, keeping all valuables in this world to help simulate a functioning world. As for a gold farm, I can see the merit in the argument but with this being one of the few positives about the nether roof, it isn’t a deciding factor.

• Discussions: 1
March 27, 2023 at 7:25 PM
I've edited the forum
thank you for your time.
Trentalicous69

CONNECTED PLAYERS

+25,000

REGISTERED PLAYERS

+50

PLAYER RECORD